Thursday, March 26, 2015

C4K #2

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-oregontrail.html    
 My first comment was on a post that a fourth grade student did about life on the Oregon Trail. He talked about how his family would survive. He said his brother would get lost, his baby brother would get sick, his mom would make food, and he and his dad would find clean water. He also described how they would build new houses and banks to start a better life. I think his post was very good at describing what he thought would happen to his family on the Oregon Trail. However, I wish he would have explained the Oregon Trail briefly. I left a question about how he would find food for his mom to make, but I'm still waiting for a response. If you would like to see his original post or maybe see some more of his work, here is Dante J's Blog.
http://smc.cospicuagirls.skola.edu.mt/?page_id=130
My second comment was on a post a student did about job shadowing. He said that it was going alright, but that he was having trouble with getting in contact with places to job shadow. He also gave his opinion on job shadowing, which was that he thought it was a waste of time. He just didn't see the purpose of it. However, he decided he was going to keep trying so that he didn't fail English. I commented about my experience with observing classrooms so he could see that it's not a waste of time. I explained that valuable experience can come from it, and that it can even help you decide a future career. I hope he gets some great opportunities to job shadow! If you would like to read his blog, here is Jesus's Blog.
http://tarteblog.com/the-one-kiera-cass/
My final comment was on a post by a seventh grade student about a book called The One by Kiera Cass. She explained that this was one book in a series about a girl named America Singer who was living in a castle and trying to decide whether to be with a prince or a guard. She described it as a mix between The Bachelor and The Hunger Games. There's action, mystery, and romance! I really liked her post because it seemed like she was really excited to talk about the book. Her description was great and she really made me want to read it. I made sure to share with her that reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I also shared a series that I've read that might interest her. If you want to read her post, here is Peyton H.'s Blog.

1 comment: