Thursday, January 15, 2015

Blog Assignment #1

In this blog post, I will talk about what I thought of EDM310 before I got to the class, my possible struggles for this class, a similar experience I've had to this class, and how I can address my struggles and fears for EDM310.

All I knew when I signed up for EDM310 was that it was required for my major. I had no idea what it was going to be like and I hadn't heard anything about it from fellow students. I knew it had to do with technology in the classroom, but I didn't really know what kind of class it would turn out to be. As I figured out what all was to be expected of me in this class, I was overwhelmed. I am not good with technology at all. I get frustrated with technology very quickly and give up on it. So, I'm not really that excited to tackle the assignments we have to complete. I already feel stressed and like I won't be able to keep up with everyone else. The most difficult part of the class for me will probably be trying to maintain patience while dealing with using technology in ways I've never had to. The best way for me to deal with that will probably be to just ask for help. Instead of giving up, I will try to get help when I'm confused or don't understand exactly what I'm supposed to do.

However, I had a class that was a lot like EDM310 in high school. It involved learning about the different ways to use technology and it was very hands on. We even had partners for each section so that we could figure it out with the help of another person. I ended up getting a good grade in that class, so hopefully I will manage to do the same in this class. I don't really have any other questions about EDM310 at this moment, but I'm sure I will later on this semester. I will just have to make sure to ask instead of just trying to do everything by myself.

We Have Technology

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebekah!
    Coming into this class I heard that it would be ALOT of work. Just like you when I saw the work load and all the assignments for the class I became overwhelmed too. I'm also not that good with technology either but I have faith that you will do just fine in this class. Whenever you feel like you are getting frustrated just take a small 10 minute break to help easy your stress, and maybe planning out your work will help as well so that way you will not get to overwhelmed with the work.
    By the way the clip you put on your blog is cute!

    ReplyDelete