Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post

I'm going to talk a little bit about myself, what my passions are, why I chose to go into the field of education, and what exactly an educator does.

I was born on April 20, 1995 in Biloxi, Mississippi. I have lived in south Mississippi my whole life and am eager to get out and see new places. I chose to attend the University of South Alabama because it was away from home, but close enough to where I could easily go home in case of an emergency or if I was homesick. My mom is a stay-at-home mom and my dad works at a Mississippi Power Plant. I also have a younger brother who is 15 and loves video games. On campus, I am part of an organization called Silver Wings which promotes support of the military and involvement in the community. I currently am the Developmental Officer and I will take over as Region President this spring.  My interests include anything that involves creativity or art. I like to paint, craft, design, and write. Lately, I've been working on creative writing the most because it is a skill I want to improve and then share with people everywhere. I am also interested in learning about other cultures and exploring places I have never been before. However, I am most passionate about reading. I can spend hours in a book store just looking at all the options I have to read. It is extremely easy for me to get lost in a story and once I start I can't stop.  My favorite book right now is The Book Thief and I made sure to insert a picture of my favorite quote from it.
Book Thief Quote


An educator's work entails not only teaching the students, but also being concerned for their well-being. An educator needs to be a positive role model for his or her students. Educators have to keep up with new technologies used in the classroom and new ideas that could help with the learning processes. They are responsible for creating lesson plans and working in a group environment to makes sure other teachers are on the same page. They must also interact with parents in order to help their students succeed. Their work doesn't end when school does. They have to take assignments, papers, and tests home with them that they have to grade. I decided to become a teacher because I think it is a very rewarding job. It will be a lot of work, but to be able to pass down knowledge and wisdom will be very satisfying. More specifically, I chose to be an English teacher because I want to help students become more passionate about reading. I hope to make a difference in my students' lives one day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment