Tuesday, February 24, 2015

C4K #1

Comments for Kids #1

Below, I have written summaries of the blogs I have visited that were written by kids. I also have left comments on their blog posts which I have also summarized.

Winter Weather Goes Bad

This blog post was by Dante in Mrs. Weil's fourth grade class. He talked about how happy he was that it was winter until it got to cold to play outside. Instead of going outside, he played some video games and ate. He then decided that he was ready for winter to be over because he was bored. I agreed with him that it was time for winter to be over. I told him that we would have 6 more weeks of it because the groundhog saw his shadow. I then asked him what he likes to do in the snow, but I have not gotten a response back.

JJ Watt in the Pro Bowl

This post was by Brandon in Ms. Leatherwood's language arts class. Brandon talked about J.J. Watt and Pro Bowl 2015. For people not familiar with the Pro Bowl, he explained what it is and why the teams competing in the Super Bowl are not allowed to play. He also informed readers that J.J. Watt was a captain of one of the teams and that he is Brandon's favorite player. I thought his post was very informative because he made the Pro Bowl easy to understand for someone who doesn't know anything about football.I asked him who his favorite NFL or College team was and he responded by saying that he focuses on individual players more than teams. However, he did say that if he had to choose his favorite NFL and College team, it would have to be the San Diego Chargers and the Florida Gators. 

All the Wrong Questions: When Did You See Her Last? Book 2 (Part 2)

This post was by Ava in the Hartman/Centeno Readers & Authors blog. She gave a summary of a Lemony Snicket book that she was reading. It was about two characters, Lemony Snicket and Moxie, who were trying to investigate what happened to another character named Cleo. She was very descriptive and left me wanting to know what happens in part 3. She also gave her opinion about Snicket's mentor Theodora. She talked about what she would do differently if she was Theodora. I told her that it was a very well-written post and asked her what skills she thought were important for an investigator to have. I haven't gotten a response yet.

Black History Month

This post was by Alysa in Mrs. Maslowski's class. Alysa had to choose an inspiring person to talk about for Black History Month. She chose Gabrielle Union who is an actress in movies such as "Bring It On" and "Bad Boys II". She said that Union was inspiring for the work she does in the community and for giving back to the world. She also said that watching Union in movies and on television makes her want to do more in her personal life. I didn't know anything about Gabrielle Union, but Alysa's post made me want to research her to see what she has done. Alysa could have been more descriptive about how Union is an inspiration, but overall I thought it was a good post.




No comments:

Post a Comment