Thursday, February 19, 2015

C4T #2

For this week's post for comments for teachers, I was assigned Joey Feith. I read a couple of posts from his blog which were very interesting. I have written a summary of what he said in each post. I have also included my opinions and comments I sent to him. If you want to read the actual posts, I have included a link to the post in the subheadings for each paragraph. Enjoy!

How I Teach

Joey Feith creates a post on his blog each week that highlights a physical education teacher. He typically asks the educator a series of questions about themselves and their teaching. He also provides links to get in contact with that teacher. This week he picked Osama Abujafar who is a physical education teacher in Dubai. He asked Osama about what resources he can't live without, what his classes look like, what the most unique thing about his teaching is, and what the best advice he ever received is. I think these are very important questions to ask other educators in order to get new ideas. This post is a great example of educators communicating with each other from all over the world to share ideas. I shared my opinion of this tactic with him and also asked him about his process for choosing a new educator each week. So far I haven't heard from him, but I included a link to my blog in case he wanted to get in contact with me.

The #PhysEd Calender

This post was about a tool Feith created in order to keep up with all the events and chats that were going on in his Twitter feed. His tool is called the #PhysEd Calendar which is a public Google Calendar that allows physical education teachers to keep up with professional development opportunities. He also included information about the calendar, adding events to the calendar, and subscribing to the calendar. I think this idea could be used for teachers of all subjects around the world. This calendar would be a great way to build your PLN also. It seems like it will be really easy to use and it helps for those who don't have time to search for all the interesting events happening on Twitter. I made sure to inform him that I was working on building my PLN and that something like this could help me with organization even though I'm not planning to teach physical education.



No comments:

Post a Comment