Tuesday, February 3, 2015

C4T #1

        I was assigned Dr. Jerrid Kruse for my first comments for teachers (C4T) assignment. I enjoyed reading his blog posts and I even got some interesting ideas from them which I will summarize. I will also include a link to his blog which I hope you will take advantage of. I believe he has some interesting things to say!

C4T #1, Comment 1

         In his post "Planning vs Reacting", Dr. Kruse talks about how unsettling it is for him to carefully plan out everything for his classes. With such a busy schedule, he finds it hard to plan ahead when there is no way to predict what will happen in the classroom. He believes great teachers are those who can react rather than plan. He then talks about how programs should be preparing future educators to react rather than plan. While he thinks planning is an important part of the process, he also thinks that teachers should be prepared for situations in which it is not always possible to follow a schedule.
         I had never thought about teaching in that way. I always thought that teaching involved a  lot of planning with little room for change. Dr. Kruse's post really made me think about how there is no way to predict what will happen in class each day. Therefore, it is important to know how to react and adjust to situations. I agree with what he is saying about teaching future educators to react rather than focusing on planning. I would love to hear his ideas on ways to prepare future educators on how to react.
student planners

C4T #1, Comment 2

          In the second post I read "How I Spend My Fridays", Dr. Kruse talks about how he uses teaching in a sixth grade classroom to teach his students who are going to be educators. He spends the entire day in a sixth grade classroom and allows a group of his students to come in to the classroom at different times in order to watch him teach. Later in the semester, he allows his students to come up with lesson plans and teach his sixth grade class. The students get the chance to observe his teaching style, and he gets the chance to observe them and give them feedback. He believes this is a great way to interact with his students and give them valuable experience for the future.
         I agree with this teaching method wholeheartedly. It is extremely important to gain experience with teaching and creating lesson plans when becoming a future educator. What's great is that they get the chance to watch him and get ideas for their own teaching. He can also get some ideas for his teaching from his students. I think it is great that the students and the teacher get to give each other feedback. However, I am curious to know what his sixth grade students think. I wonder if they enjoy the opportunity to be taught by different people and experience different teaching styles.


No comments:

Post a Comment